Maverick Medical Education offers a course combining regional anesthesia, point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS), and ultrasound guided vascular access:
- Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques teaches the basics of regional anesthesia, including ultrasound-guided nerve blocks. The course covers a wide range of topics, including ultrasound physics, anatomy, image interpretation, and needle guidance techniques to perform 8 basic regional nerve blocks.
- POCUS with Vascular Access teaches the use of ultrasound for patient assessment. The course covers the basics of ultrasound physics and anatomy, as well as the specific applications of POCUS in these areas.
This course is ideal for CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, and other allied health professionals who want to learn the skills necessary to perform ultrasound-guided regional anesthesia and POCUS. The course is also a great way to stay up to date on the latest advances in these areas.
Explore Essential Techniques Pre-Learning & POCUS Combo Course
Students must complete the online didactic modules before attending the proficiency lab. The modules are an interactive online learning system that allows students to complete course prerequisites at their own pace and preferred location. The didactic material can be completed in approximately 16 hours independently at the user’s own pace and time.
Users can access content from any computer, tablet, or any other device with an internet connection.
On day one, students will apply lessons from the online pre-learning modules to experiential training exercises in a clinical environment, developing confidence and proficiency in administering peripheral regional blocks. Using Maverick’s patented pulsatile cadavers, the workshop allows students the most life-like environment available for nerve block training. Live models provide diverse anatomy for ultrasound landmark identification.
On day two, students will be given a second opportunity to solidify their skills in the cadaver lab along with point-of-care assessment stations taught by experts in each area.
Key features of this combo course:
Regional Anesthesia Essential Techniques: Covers the basics of regional anesthesia, including the following ultrasound-guided nerve blocks:
- Adductor Canal
- Popliteal Sciatic
POCUS with Vascular Access: Teaches the use of POCUS to assess:
- POCUS for Gastric Assessment
- POCUS for peripheral vascular access
- POCUS for Internal Jugular access
- Cardiac assessment for normal cardiac function and commonly seen pathological conditions
- Pulmonary assessment for normal function and common problems.
- eFast assessment for trauma and hemodynamically unstable patients
- POCUS for DVT assessment
- All course days begin at 8:00 a.m.
- Saturday will conclude by 5 p.m.
- Sunday afternoon wraps up by 3 p.m.
Please Review Our Cancellation Policy
Veterans and active military — please use code MilitaryCombo2024 at checkout to take advantage of our military discount!
Please Visit Our Site To See Travel Information For Your In-Person Course
In order for each participant to have access to the online program and to provide individual information, please register each attendee separately.