This course teaches CRNAs, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, physicians and other allied health professionals the crucial skill of point-of-care ultrasound (POCUS) as an assessment tool.
Using Maverick’s proven learning process developed by experts in education and utilizing the “flipped classroom”, students learn at their own pace and at their convenience. The online didactic program consists of 8 modules which guide you through foundational knowledge necessary for the hand’s-on lab.
Following completion of the online didactic modules, students then attend a 1-day, hands-on lab where they scan live models and practice vascular access techniques on gel phantoms with low student to instructor ratios.
Online modules include:
- Introduction to ultrasound including a brief history of US development and a the physics of how US works to produce an image on screen.
- POCUS for Gastric Assessment
- POCUS for peripheral vascular access
- POCUS for Internal Jugular access
- Cardiac assessment for normal cardiac function and commonly seen pathological conditions
- Pulmonary assessment for normal function and common problems.
- eFast assessment for trauma and hemodynamically unstable patients
- POCUS for DVT assessment
Military — $900.00
Thank you to our Veterans and active military — please use discount code MilPOCUS at checkout to take advantage of our $200 military discount!
This program has been prior approved by the American Association of Nurse Anesthetists for 32.00 Class A CE credits; Code Number 1038681; Expiration Date 12/10/2022.
Please Review Our Cancellation Policy
Please Visit Our Site To See Travel Information For Your In-Person Course
In order for each participant to have access to the online program and to provide individual information, please register each attendee separately.