Steven Wooden is a graduate of several programs including the University Tennessee College of Nursing, the University of Nebraska Medical Center Nurse Anesthesia Program, the Kansas University Medical Center Nurse Anesthesia Masters program, and the Duke University DNP program. Dr. Wooden is the Past President of the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists (NBCRNA), a past Chairman of the Nebraska State Board of Health, and a past Chairman of the Nebraska Advanced Practice Nursing Board. He has been in private anesthesia practice for over 40 years. His practice has a strong non-surgical pain management focus, as well as providing comprehensive anesthesia services in all aspects of anesthesia care.
Here are some of his publications and research:
- Wooden, S., Krogh, M. A., Waters, E., & Plaus, K. (2017). Developing the Continued Professional Certification Program for Nurse Anesthetists. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 8(1), 31-37.
- Wooden, S. R. (2017). Chronic Postsurgical Pain. Annual Review of Nursing Research, 35(1), 91- 115.
- Muckle, T. J., Plaus, K., & Wooden, S. (2016). Professional Practice Analysis: Validity Evidence for the Continued Professional Certification Examination for Nurse Anesthetists. Journal of Nursing Regulation, 7(3), 41-47.
- Wooden, S., Docherty, S., Plaus, K., Kusek, A., & Vacchiano, C. (2014). Exploration of Specialty Certification for Nurse Anesthetists: Nonsurgical Pain Management as a Test Case. Pain Management Nursing, 15(4), 789-797.
- Wooden, S. R. (1993). An Evaluation of Health Care Organizations Recertification Policies and a Survey of Nebraska Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists (CRNAs) Regarding the Process of Recertification of Nurse Anesthetists.
- Wooden SR, Sextro PB. (1990) The ankle block: anatomical review and anesthetic technique. AANA J. 58(2):105-111. Contributing editor to “Anesthesia Abstracts”, an Anesthesia On-line Publication. 2008-2017.
For more information about Steven Wooden, DNP, CRNA, NSPM-C or Maverick Medical Education, contact us today.